Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Online Friendship Scam - Weblink Sign-up

More scammers are using social networking site to scam or solicit customers. After exposing two profiles (Chi Chi Yamaguchi and Natalia Miyo Minako) who are taking advantage of the newage media to pretend making friends with online users, we have come across another one by the name of Nathalie Lee.

"Nathalie Lee" is hot from the oven! We mean "she" is a new scammer who has appeared since late April 2012.

Their common practice is to create accounts in Tagged.com (recently merged with Hi5.com), which allows ease of making new friends, before gathering their new friends to their Facebook accounts where they do the mass spamming of their "weblinks".


We first interacted with Nathalie Lee in her Tagged.com account at http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5966885377. She appears to be a Thai and there are many photos of her taken in Singapore.


hello there can i add you in FB yahoo or msn to easy to chat?

or you can add me there.''heres my email lee_nathalie@ymail.com see you there

and have good day <3

Next, she started sending a message to invite us to add her in Facebook, Yahoo Messenger and MSN. Our experience tells us that majority of Thais would use MSN rather than Yahoo Messenger and her Yahoo email has aroused our suspicious.


24/4/2012 4:46:30 AM scams-singapore: hi
24/4/2012 4:46:42 AM nathalie: hello
24/4/2012 4:46:56 AM scams-singapore: how are you?
24/4/2012 4:47:26 AM nathalie: im fine
24/4/2012 4:47:42 AM scams-singapore: where are you from?
24/4/2012 4:47:48 AM nathalie: thai
24/4/2012 4:47:52 AM scams-singapore: mmm
24/4/2012 4:47:55 AM scams-singapore: in singapore now?
24/4/2012 4:48:33 AM nathalie: yes for vacation
24/4/2012 4:48:41 AM nathalie: hmmm do you have FB?
24/4/2012 4:49:05 AM scams-singapore: yes
24/4/2012 4:50:47 AM scams-singapore: http://facebook.com/scams-singapore
24/4/2012 4:50:51 AM scams-singapore: who do you come over with?
24/4/2012 4:55:28 AM nathalie: done
24/4/2012 4:58:17 AM scams-singapore: okay
24/4/2012 4:58:23 AM scams-singapore: when are you leaving singapore?

We tried to prompt her for more information but she stopped replying after adding us in Facebook.


Nevertheless, we managed to find our answer in her Facebook profile at https://www.facebook.com/nathaliedee101. We could see that her Facebook account started at around 23 April 2012.


Visiting her photo album, we could see that she was quite hardworking to upload quite a number of photos. There was an album "walking SG alone :)" that had caught our attention as it was pretty weird for a foreign girl to walk around Singapore alone and yet able to take so many photos of herself. How many girls would carry a tripod stand overseas to take self photos?


Haisss So hot in here Y_Y) i cant sLeep... tsk .
anyone ONLINE im online on my WEBLINK.. you can see me there now...
if interested just message me ....


Edrian Abdulla: Thank you for inviting me there. your so hot baby ^^
April 24 at 3:03am

Nathalie Lee: lolz its ok ed :)
April 24 at 3:03am

Edrian Abdulla: i thought your a cam model sorry,, i was wrong please forgive me darling. yah your rite its all free to see you there and it safe
April 24 at 3:04am

Nathalie Lee: its ok for me FOR THOSE who dont believe in me its ok,, im not forcing them to see me and know much better
April 24 at 3:05am

Edrian Abdulla: just dont mind it ok im here for you darling i will comfort you forever please dont share your weblink to other only me
April 24 at 3:06am

Nathalie Lee: wahahahahaha.... i dont think so,, can we chat on my weblink now ed im to lazy to reply u here
April 24 at 3:07am

Edrian Abdulla: ok darling .
April 24 at 3:07am

On her wall, we could find a status that sounded very similar to what Chi Chi Yamaguchi and Natalia Miyo Minako had been posting. Nathalie Lee tried to allure visitors by hinting that she was hot and she mentioned about her "weblink". A "guy" by the name of Edrian Abdulla commented on the status and mentioned that the weblink was safe. It was pretty funny that he also apologised for mistaking Edrian Abdulla as a cam model because she was indeed a cam model and that was not a "mistake". The mistake should be him apologising in order to create the impression that Nathalie Lee was a real person and not a fake or cam model.


We explored Edrian Abdulla's Facebook profile. His first update was at April 24 at 2:58am, just a few minutes before commenting on Nathalie Lee's status. We believed his Facebook account was just created and it was just a dumby account for the sake of promoting Nathalie Lee.


We explored Nathalie Lee's information page on her Facebook profile and saw the weblink at cam4free05.jimdo.com.


I'm originally 22. Lily is the name and writing is my game. I have an intense passion for writing.I belt out to rocking songs at the top of my lungs. I don't know what I would do without my family & friends. I have a fascination for vampires that usually drives me insane. I read books that can take my imagination on a roller coaster ride.

I love interesting people and unique stuff. I adore everything wild and free.I proudly wear my tattoos.I take photos like my life depends on it. Do not judge me and I in turn will not judge you. I will not lower myself to the status of a hypocrite of that you can be assured. Some consider me deadly when I'm armed with my camera. I loathe people that apply their personalities like toothpaste.

This time round, we picked up our courage to visit the weblink.

www.jimdo.com is a website that provides free webhost services with limited features compared to their premium accounts. The scammer with the username "cam4free05" is simply using the free service.

The profile name was "Lily Han", which was different from Nathalie Lee.

There were links to other websites such as Adult Friendfinder, OnCam4U and Streamate. For all we know, Adult Friendfinder is a friends-making website that allows free sign-up. However, you may have to pay in order to upgrade to their premium member, otherwise, you may not be able to communicate with the female members, which is redundant.

Using Adult Friendfinder, the scammer will earn through "affiliation", which means that he/she will make money from the website's company if you were to sign up. The bonus would be large if you were to upgrade your account. For female member sign-up, the scammer would make higher commission.


Create a FREE Account Now!

Signing up is absolutely free, you will NOT be charged for your membership. We will only verify that your credit card is valid. You will NEVER be charged, unless you are entering any clearly marked paid area of the site.

The page also mentioned about verifying of credit card, which is definitely not safe to do so.


To conclude, we are not able to identify if Nathalie Lee is using her real photos. However, we are 100% sure that she is not there to make friends with you or provide any free webcam show service. If you are genuine in making friends online, do skip such profile.

2 comments:

  1. nathalie has a new fb account name under nathalie chen

    ReplyDelete
  2. nathalie chen is her new facebook account check it up..

    ReplyDelete